Being myself

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Girl


Last Para from 'Me at School'
By this time I had the confidence that nothing in world can take away my laziness. After all how many of you can afford to miss your first date just because you felt sleepy, specially when you have been persuading her for last three years!!
And …continued

She is Divya, 5 feet 4 inches tall, on the slim side, fair, round face, dark brown eyes, and sharp features with short brown hair barely managing to touch her shoulders. She was a year junior to me in school and though she wasn’t the most beautiful girl in school but she was pretty good looking, charming and certainly was in top 15* girls of our school (* Ratings as per a secret organization called ‘BB’-Big Boys which comprised of ‘cool’ guys from 12th standard). To add some spice to my life, she also happened to be the daughter of one of our teachers and boys took tuitions from her dad just for sake of getting a chance to talk to her. And I was no different; in 10th standard I went to her place five times a week for about two months and managed to let her know my name. I didn't have guts to approach her in school (as a matter of fact I never had guts to approach any girl) but somehow we started exchanging smiles whenever we crossed .

After my high school, I landed up in the back benches of 11th Sciences along with Abhi. As the days passed we mastered the art of making cartoons on blackboard, sipping ‘Fruity’ during class but our favorite task remained to be finishing other's lunch even before the first period was over. We were enjoying our days but we had a feeling that we have hard times ahead. And our intuitions proved to be very true- both of us flunked 1st term exams and despite Abhi and me exchanging answer sheets in physics exam, Abhi had the honor of scoring section’s lowest marks and I got quite close to sharing the honor (I still wonder from where that extra half-mark came, I guess it was because of my neat handwriting). Anyways, lost in deep thoughts of humiliations to come, I lost my balance on the stairs at home and was awarded with a hair line fracture in the left leg. It made me sit all alone when the whole school was busy in preparing for annual sports. I often sat in the pavilion watching Divya in Basket Ball practice sessions. One day, her practice was called off which meant she had an extra hour before she could leave for home with her dad. She picked her bag and instead of heading towards canteen with her friends, to my surprise and others' dismay, she started walking towards me. As she came and sat beside me, my heart jumped, bumped, thumped and probably skipped a few beats. Instead of greeting her, I looked up at the sky to thank god and I think he smiled at me…





7 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Aps said…

    "She was a year junior to me in school and both of us were in the same house."

    How good it would have been if these "houses" were more real and if we are to think, why not called the same "room"

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Guess u left out more of teh vital descriptions..... ur post is incomplete without them...

    A half-hearted attempt...

    - BennyBoy

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good post pundeer,
    n i'm looking forward 2 the next episode.
    u can try script-writing, coz the way u finished the post makes ppl ask for more, ala soap operas.

    Asset
    www.anshulseth.com

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Divi said…

    "good work".. just intrested in knowing that is this piece of word art inspired by real life....

    looking forward to ur next post coz its an incomplete love story...

     
  • At 2:56 AM, Blogger non compos mentis said…

    hey.. u write damn gud..its real fun to read ur blogs

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger non compos mentis said…

    hey,..im surprised y u don write now a days...or have u got another blog???? itz so much readin ur stuff...

    chkku :)

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger non compos mentis said…

    hey, thanx for dropping by my blog... u made me think for a minute about what u wrote...But again, glad that u mentioned u understood what i meant.That saves me a lot of my energy trying to explain it to u... i am a little lazy at times, i mean most of the times...actually always...

    chikku :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home